Sunday, January 2, 2011

Reflection Post

After reading this book I am left with a feeling of urgency and also a feeling of renewed hope. I feel energized and am ready to do my part to prepare students for the challenges that they will face in the 21st century. It is a daunting task and one that will take cooperation from all stakeholders, as the book suggests, but it must be done to secure the future of all of our children. I used to be one of those teachers who would shy away from technology thinking that it was a distraction and was not a necessary tool in my content area. I now realize that I am doing my students a great disservice by not allowing them, as well as myself, to explore and create using technology. My mind has been opened to all the possibilities that exist in the world of technology and I am excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment